Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Robi Domingo: ‘I think I now have the capacity to act.’ by Napoleon Quintos from ABS-CBN.com

After taking on a guest role last year in My Girl, Robi Domingo is up for a lead role in Your Song Presents: Boystown which will also feature his fellow Gigger Boys Enchong Dee, Dino Imperial, Sam Concepcion, Arron Villaflor, AJ Perez, and Chris Gutierrez. At the story conference of the upcoming weekly drama, Robi exclusively told ABS-CBN.com that despite his nervousness about it, he believes he is finally ready to venture into acting. “The truth is, when I was told I will be in Boystown, naramdaman ko uli ‘yung kaba na naramdaman ko when I was told na I was supposed to do a major role in Underage (the role eventually went to Matt Evans). I asked, ‘Wow! Sigurado ba kayo?’ Ngayon medyo may apprehensions pa rin naman ako. Pero after ng My Girl, nag workshops naman ako, so I think I now have the capacity to act. Not just acting na parang wala lang but really professional and artistic acting.”

From the time he emerged as the crowd favorite and the second Teen Placer in Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Plus, Robi’s showbiz career has really taken off. He became a Bench image model and the first Filipino endorser of Nokia mobile phones. This Ateneo Health and Science student also became a MYX channel VJ.

In Boystown, Robi will play a character that is very far from his real personality. “I’m Arkin, the rich boy. Seloso siya, sakim sa pagmamahal. Maiingit siya kay Arnel, played by Enchong. May girlfriend ako dito but I take her for granted, like with everything else sa buhay ng character.” The 20-year old talked about how he plans to go about the challenge of portraying a character who, unlike him, had an unhappy childhood and has a lot of angst. “Mukhang mahihirapan nga ako sa paghanap ng paghuhugutan for my character. Siguro kukuha na lang ako from the stress I get from school and showbiz. I will harness all those emotions to portray my character.” But is Robi ready to be perceived by his fans as the troubled Arkin? “Sa tingin ko hindi naman siya dark. May reason lang why he acts that way. Siguro kung magkaka-negative reaction ‘yung mga tao kapag napanood nila, ang sasabihin ko is wait for the ending. Subaybayan niyo ‘yung character ko until the end para makita niyo ‘yung development.”

In a recent appearance on Entertainment Live, Robi revealed that he finally has a non-showbiz girlfriend. But in a later conversation with ABS-CBN.com, this cutie clarified that he is still unattached though he admitted that he goes on casual dates when he has the free time. “I’m seeing someone lang. Pwedeng masabing exclusively dating. The girl, we’re good friends. Hindi naman officially I have a girlfriend. Siguro I’m just a young man who falls in love, goes on dates. Let’s just wait and see kung saan pupunta ‘to.”

credits to :

ABS-CBN.com

No comments: