Saturday, May 26, 2012

Robi Domingo admits juggling college and showbiz is his biggest accomplishment.

After graduating with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences from the Ateneo de Manila University last March 23, Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition host Robi Domingo admits he is still on cloud nine after getting his diploma. “It still feels very, very surreal. Went I went up the stage and got my diploma, it felt very fulfilling kasi napagsabay mo yung parehong mundo. To get that feat done is such an incredible experience for me because I’ve grown so much because of being in the industry and in school at the time, it’s no joke talaga. The graduation highlighted every hour, every moment that I spend sacrificing my play time, time with friends and family and dun nag-culminate lahat,” he shares. Even after coming out of the PBB house in 2008, Robi says he never once considered giving up his studies for showbiz. “I instilled in myself the concept that I would never stop my college years kasi once I stop, I’ll succumb into not learning anymore. I really wanted to achieve that goal,” he admits to Push.com.ph. 

 Aside from being one of the hosts in the recently concluded Pinoy Big Brother Unlimited, Robi is also busy with hosting ASAP Chill Out every Sunday. The 22-year-old says he never thought he would be able to get this far in his career while still going to school. “I told myself after I did PBB Teen Edition that I’ll still be doing my school so in the long run I’ll be losing my work. Kasi hindi mo talaga kaya pagsabayin eh. It seemed na ganun. I told myself, ‘You’ll be working 24/7’ .Pero yung iba yung mga MYX, ASAP, rehearsals sa Studio 23, they were experiences na ang dami kong natutunan. I do not regret a single thing, even if .04 na lang kulang ko to get the honors. I would trade those honors any time just to get all of the teachings that I have garnered from my four years, both in ABS-CBN and in the Ateneo,” he explains. Robi also received a loyalty award from the University being a true-blue Atenean who finished his elementary and high school years at the Loyola campus. 

Robi shares that he really struggled during days when he was busy in both school and work. “There was an instance na two hours lang yung tulog ko. Talagang literal na gapang. I’d have a cup of coffee on one hand and then talagang kinakapa ko yung walls while going up the stairs. There are lots of times that I’ll be late but may excuse naman ako na galing ako sa work. I can remember talaga na sobrang hirap ng mga pinagdaanan ko,” he recalls. 

The actor-host also admits that being part of PBB’s Season 4 was a good test of his hosting skills. “Minsan talaga I kind of forget my lines, I stumble, I do crazy stuff in the show na hindi ko talaga nagawa before and i can probably say na being in this kind of platform has taught me lots of stuff and it made me grow not only as a host but as a person as well,” he says. Looking back, Robi says he feels proud to work with experienced hosts like Toni Gonzaga and Bianca Gonzales. “Unlimited was the longest season ever. Being here for almost five months, it’s kind of weird being thrown into this arena of people ready to criticize you and being with Toni and Bianca na talaga namang andun na yung caliber nila when it comes to hosting. After being in this show as a housemate and then now hosting the show, at first it was an absurd feeling, kasi dati ikaw yung pinapanuod ngayon you relay information to the taong bayan.” 


CREDITS TO: Rhea Manila Santos

No comments: